Doing Business In India
- What makes for an optimal Supply Network for doing Business in India?
- Should I own my stock all the way upto penultimate customer?
- Or should I sell all my inventory to a super distributor?
- Where should I locate my manufacturing facilities and why?
- What talent and material resources do I need to consider?
- What kind of costs I need to target towards warehousing?
- Where to find warehouses that offer flexibility of use?
- What kind of transportation modalities should I have for a Pan India coverage?
- How much freight can I recover by deploying an alternate mode of transport?
- How to get started with using e.g. Railways to move stuff from West to East?
- What should be my cost per ton-km?
- What kind of subcontracting arrangements incl. labor, makes for hassle free business?
- At least for a short or may be longer term.
- What distribution strategy should I adopt for delivery service levels superior to competition?
- What will be my tax implications for scenario A, B and C?
- How about exporting from India? How about Imports?
- What does it presently cost incl. duties and surcharges, clearing and forwarding?
- Container cargo. Break bulk cargo. Liquid cargo. End to End. Are there any preferential duty terms that I can take advantage of?
- Any trade treaty that is favorable?
Any allowable cargo classification that can save duties?
- What about the Service Network?
What existing resources can I use to my fixed cost advantage?
- What are the short and long term Govt. benefits on offer to new businesses?
These are ALL hard questions. Of strategic importance. Real Business on the Ground involving for which you need reliable data from the source. Now and in the future.
We can not only recommend but ALSO execute the entire start up supply Infrastructure for you. With complete justification of costs and trade-offs. Our consultants have run large scale supply chains and dealt with such hard questions. Hands-on. In a variety of industry contexts. Packaged Foods, CPG firms, Agro-Business, Dairy, Trading and Wholesale, Retail, Pharmaceutical formulations, Paper products are some of the industries in which we have deep domain knowledge too. Incl. specialist business knowledge that can only be acquired through direct experience in managing Business as usual. We are Business Consultants, Supply Chain Managers, Economists and Tax Experts rolled into one because we have DONE it all hands-on.
© 2017 The Management Technician. All Rights Reserved.